Protective Face Shields for Health Workers
Driven by equal parts despair and desire to help, artist Luba Drozd began making plastic face shields on her 3D printers at home (using design prototypes published by Prusa company) on March 23, 2020. Since then, many volunteers have joined the project.
Tom Wixo, Covid Couriers, Greg Gentert, Desmond Holliday, Jesse Wine/Cassie Griffin, Tatyana Tenenbaum, Sinéad Larkin, Maeve D'Arcy, Cathy Nolan, Anna Cone, Elise Dahan, Birgit Rathsmann, Alisa Minyukova, Chris Bradley Fox, Ana Lopes, Becky Kinder, Seldon Yuan, Nick Fusaro, Noemi Jennifer.
Maggie Hazen, Mindy Solis, Doug O'Connor, Jessica Gaddis, Lauren Kenyon Enright.
Brooke Nicholas, Rachel Vera Steinberg
Ian Glover, Lena Drozd
- New York Times – Hive Mind of Makers Rises to Meet Pandemic
- Washington Post – Perspective | No, Mr. President, healthcare workers aren’t stealing masks. You failed them
- New York Post – Hero of the day: Artist Luba Drozd making face shields for hospitals
- Bloomberg – Pandemics Come and Go But Medical Masks Are Eternal
- Barron's – Crowdfunding Fills Gaps For Virus-displaced Workers
- International Business Times – Crowdfunding Fills Gaps For Virus-displaced Workers